EXPERIENCE THE ROCKIES
What better place for your individual, family or group retreat in a beautiful, secluded mountain setting. Rocky Mountain Mennonite Camp is also available for non-profit guest groups who have interests compatible with Christian principles. Rocky Mountain Mennonite Camp is situated on the west side of famous Pikes Peak about 30 miles west of Colorado Springs at 9,620 feet above sea level. The camp is completely surrounded by Pike National Forest. This affords a chance to experience Colorado's high country wilderness, with its clear streams, conifer and aspen forests, animals, birds, and wildflowers, and the wonder of the world above timberline.
TO MAKE A RESERVATION
1. Schedule a date
Contact the camp for available dates and facilities or view our Available Dates on our website. Reservations are available at least three years in advance.
2. Rental agreement
A rental agreement will be sent to the group contact person stating the terms of the reservation one year prior to arrival date. For reservations scheduled more than one year in advance a confirmation will be sent with the dates and terms.
3. Rental deposit
The deposit is due 30 days after receipt of the rental agreement. For Main Camp, Campground, Emmental Retreat Center, and Park Ridge accommodations the deposit is 25% of the estimated total. For ridge accommodations, a 50% deposit is due. No deposit is required for food service.
4. Prior to arrival
Inform the RMMC office of the number of guests attending and confirm food service & dietary needs two weeks prior to the arrival date. Also review the guidelines of RMMC and communicate them to all group members.
- RMMC is a smoke free facility.
- Please DO NOT bring the following to camp: Pets (large or small), illegal drugs, alcohol, tobacco, fireworks, four wheelers, dirt bikes
- Please refer to "Prepare To Come: Guest Groups" to find more details regarding your stay with us. We expect all guests to comply with the guidelines outlined in that document.
5. Upon arrival (Check in after 4:00pm)
Check in at the office before proceeding to your accommodations and pass along:
- Correct number in group
- Any meal plan changes or corrections
- Method and time of payment
- Any AV equipment or other details
6. During your stay
Comply faithfully with the camp policies and guidelines (ie: no pets please!) and assume all risk of personal injury and property loss or damage.
7. Upon departure (Check out before 11:00am)
Check out at the office before departing to notify office of group's departure. Settle all financial arrangements and return facility keys.
ARRIVALS / DEPARTURES
- Normal arrival time is 4:00 pm and departure time is 11:00 am. You may request to extend your stay if no group is arriving in your facility at an additional fee of 10% per hour based on the facility cost.
- Saturday Arrival / Departure - Groups arriving or departing on Saturday will be assessed an additional 50% of the facility charge for that day as it interrupts a typical weekend reservation (Friday-Sunday).
- Child Rate (lodging & meals only) - Age 3-11: half price; 2 & younger: free
- Extended Stay - four nights and longer, 15% discount (lodging & meals)
- Last Minute - within 2 weeks of stay, 15% discount
- Off-Season* - Call for available discounts for stays between October & May. *Only applies to Eagle's Nest and Sky-Hi-View accommodations
- Deposits received will be applied toward payment of fees and are non-refundable unless notice of cancelation is given at least three months prior to reservation date AND if another guest group is found to rent the facility.
- Cancelation of a rental agreement any time within three months prior to the reservation date requires payment of 80% of the total cost. Guaranteed minimum based on number of people applies to Main Camp, Emmental, and Park Ridge facilities only. Guests will be financially responsible for meal cancelations within 24 hours of meal time.
- Meal Cancelations - Guests will be financially responsible for meal cancelations within 24 hours of meal time.
- Guests are required to utilize food service from camp (for groups of 12 or more) unless eating away or staying in an accommodation with a kitchen or the campground. Facilities with a kitchen include: Emmental Retreat Center, Eagles Nest, Rocky Ridge, Sky-Hi-View, Solitude Center, and Park Ridge. For facilities with kitchens, plan to bring all cooking ingredients with you, including salt, pepper and condiments. View each cabin's kitchen inventory listed on the facility page.
- Food service is only available for groups of 12 or more people unless another group is already eating meals. All meals will be served for the summer season (June 1st through August 1st).
- Special dietary needs - Please contact camp 2 weeks in advance about our menu offerings or special dietary considerations.
- Standard meal times - Monday-Saturday: Breakfast 8:00a.m., Lunch 12:30p.m., Supper 5:30p.m. and on Sunday: Brunch 10:30a.m., Supper 5:30p.m.
MAIN CAMP ACCOMMODATIONS
There are a variety of accommodations offered on Main Camp which for the majority of the summer serve youth and family camp campers.
Sheets, pillows, blankets, and towels are not provided for these facilities, however these items can be rented for a nominal fee. Because these accommodations do not have kitchen facilities, food service can be purchased during your stay. See Food Service guidelines for details.
RMMC has several self-contained, independent, mountain cabins which are located away from the Main Camp area and offer a sense of privacy and isolation.
Sheets, pillows, blankets, and towels are provided for each of the bedrooms in Eagle's Nest, Sky-Hi-View, Rocky Ridge, and Solitude Center. Guests should bring sleeping bags, pillows and towels for those not sleeping in listed bedrooms. Firewood is supplied for wood stoves.
OFF-SEASON (September 15 - May 31):
- Eagle's Nest is open with indoor plumbing and linens still provided.
- Sky-Hi-View is open without water, no linens provided, and an outdoor privy.
- Rocky Ridge & Park Ridge accommodations are closed during the winter.
- Solitude Center is open without water and no linens provided. Winter parking is about a 1/4 mile walk from the cabin as the road is not plowed.
Emmental is ideal for family reunions or small conferences. Sheets, pillows, blankets and towels are provided. Groups are free to prepare their own meals in the kitchen or food service can be purchased from camp.
Please refer to the Reservation Guide listed on the right side of this page for all facility costs.
YOUTH GROUP GUESTS
Each youth group is responsible for their own program and program supervision. A written schedule of events is requested prior to the arrival date and the group will be responsible for registration and room assignments. Youth groups are required to have one adult sponsor for every 10 youth.